Waste Management In Germany
• In 2012, approx. 14% of the raw materials used by German industry came from recovered waste.
• Waste management contributes, with a share of approximately 20% to the German Kyoto targets for the reduction of CO2eq Emissions.
• Waste industry is a powerful economic sector in Germany: almost
200.000 people employed in 3.000 companies produce an annual turnover of 40.000 million euro.
• Around 15.000 waste treatment facilities contribute to resource efficiency recycling and recovery procedures.
• High overall recycling rates: approx. 60% for municipal waste, 60% for
commercial waste, and 90% for construction and demolition waste