ECOGESTUS has experience in planning selective waste collection, from organic to a mono fraction. Some of the strengths arising from 11 years of experience in waste management:
- Thousands of kilometres travelled indirect observation of the collection and transport of waste, from north to south of the country, in small rural municipalities (Lousã, Benavente) and urbanized areas (Coimbra, Mafra, Viana do Castelo)
- 10-year practice in the logistics optimization of waste collection with the TOURSOLVER software, licensed to ECOGESTUS Lda., Since 2006
- Low-cost structure design (waste park, eco-centre, waste recovery centres) in rural and peripheral areas
- Integration of undifferentiated waste management with the selective collection and public cleaning and hygiene
- Technical, Economic and Social Studies on the separation of waste at source
- Preparation of tariff models, type PAYT / volume/weight, applied to Urban Waste in Portugal, Germany, São Tomé and Mozambique
- Domestic Composting Actions and Environmental Awareness
Vegetation in public spaces plays an important role in the well-being and optimism of citizens, reducing air pollution, mitigating noise and the effect of heatwaves and climate change.
The increase in the quality of urbanized space depends on the existence of biodiversity: lakes, forests and other natural areas.
Modern management strategies, at controlled costs, of green spaces is our goal.
OPTIMIZATION OF EFFICIENT WATER USE:
- We evaluate and optimize the water needs of green spaces
- We create solutions that ensure correct installation and use of equipment
EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES:
- Activity planning and scheduling
- Performance analysis: objectives, budgets
- Contracting and control of external services
We design urban space with the elimination of architectural and urbanistic barriers, through:
- Accessibility and Mobility Plans for All
- Municipal and Local Plans to Promote Accessibility
- Sectorial and Intermunicipal Plans
- Validation of Accessibility Conditions in Plans, Projects and Works
- Development of Awareness Campaigns on Building Cities and Towns for All
- Events (workshops, seminars, debates, international congresses) on the theme
- Content development, graphic design and preparation of publications on the topic
Risk is understood as the probability that a given event will occur in the future, generally associated with events that jeopardize the well-being of the population, biodiversity, the quality of the environment and that damage the heritage.
- Fires: The main objective is to reduce burnt areas, creating a risk letter, developing awareness campaigns and creating prevention structures
- Floods: scheduling work to clean and unclog sinks, ditches and other water drainage channels, removing sands and vegetation that have accumulated. We develop risk maps that allow us to act according to the type of place and to plan interventions
Transforming citizens into agents of change is our goal. Awareness-raising is, therefore, a fundamental component in the evolution towards a more sustainable model of society.
We create specific environmental awareness programs for Waste, Health, Climate Change, Sea, Green Spaces, Biodiversity, among others.
We also believe that children learn by “doing”, that is, separating the remains of food and making the respective composting is more effective than just “talking about it”.
We do follow-up and monitoring.
- Creation of the “Composting Program: recycling with Nature” – with training for teachers, auxiliary students and distribution of composers in schools
- Household Composting Project in homes: it targets all interested citizens who have physical space to practice composting. The change that we intend with our interventions is based on providing the population with the means to allow easier action and better clarification on the daily challenges of sustainability.
- “Recycle at School Programs” with the distribution of mini-eco points and activities to raise awareness of the importance of recycling
- Preparation and distribution of leaflets on the theme of urban waste
- Concursos diversos sobre “Reciclagem” e valorização de resíduos
- Conceção e distribuição de material informativo sobre a temática da poluição marítima via sistemas de águas residuais
- Atividades destinadas a toda a população escolar e comunidade em geral, relacionadas com as comemorações de datas com especial interesse ambiental
Adapting to Climate Change requires local strategies capable of mitigating its impact and producing policies to reduce emissions. ECOGESTUS acts in the planning and establishment of policy and actions, covering the following points.
- Elaboration of Mitigation Strategies
- Elaboration of impact and risk scenarios (Climat Change Risk Assessment)
- Ecomaps with present and future vulnerabilities (risk of fire, floods, etc.) (2030)
- Information, awareness and prevention campaigns on the effects and causes of Climate Change
- Inventory of CO2eq emissions
- Decarbonisation measures for the local economy
We support clients in the decision and in projects that use renewable energy in public or private structures. We carry out technical and economic feasibility studies for projects to install equipment for the independent production of electricity, or solar thermal panels for the production of hot water.
- Feasibility studies and energy potential
- Power generation estimates
- Due Diligence techniques, allowing greater security in negotiation for clients
- Preparation of tenders for Community funds
We believe that the best solution for a project is one in which there can be a relationship of harmony and well-being between man, architecture and nature. The projects start from the needs and desires of our customers, respecting the environment and combining creativity and economically viable solutions with good architecture.
We design taking into account the following concerns, among others:
- Energy efficiency and good air conditioning, cool buildings in summer and well heated in winter
- Use of renewable energy and natural ventilation
- Use and control of the incidence of natural lighting
- Promotion of green cover and rainwater capture
- Use of paints and materials with low VOC emissions – Volatile Organic Compounds
- Use of national products, certified wood and alternative materials with low carbon footprint